21 Natalie Portman Facts You Need to Know About
Natalie Portman’s career has always been an incredible example of hard work and dedication to the work you love. She was prolific in film industry since being a teenager, she has starred in many blockbusters and also take a huge part in indepentent films portraying psychologically troubled women, for which she has received various accolades, including an Academy Award and two Golden Globe Awards. She has always been striving to do better. As of now, Natalie was set to portray female Thor in the 2021 production of Thor: Love and Thunder. Her own production company “create more roles for women, by women” would now be enlightened as never.
Here are the facts about this woman you need to know about:
1. Natalie Portman (born Neta-Lee Hershlag; June 9, 1981) is an actress and filmmaker with dual Israeli and American citizenship. She grew up on Long Island and we understand where did she get her New Yorker attitude and her slight accent.
2. Natalie Portman’s height is 1.6 meters or just over 5″2. Fun fact: during her flying to London to shoot the Star Wars, someone from the customs asked her whether she was flying with a guardian. So small she looked like.
3. Her portrayal of ballerina in Black Swan is one to remember about. Can you imagine a small actress about 118 pounds to lose 20 more just to starry in a role? This actress is Natalie. She had a proper died and worked out 24/7 to make this happen. Well, it’s double digits, sounds good and a bit extreme, but only if you’re Christian Bale, not a small woman like Natalie Portman. That role showed her true dedication to her job.
4. Whatever you do, keep on dreaming. Natalie Portman had tons of auditions, but as a classic New Yorker, she was discovered at a pizza shop whe she was 10 years old. One year later she would have an audition for her first movie role.
5. Her acting career began at the age of 12 as the young, ardent and loyal protégée of a hitman Leon in the memorable action-drama Léon: The Professional (1994). Her unforgettable look alongside with choker and red beanie was to be remembered for many years to come.
6. Portman actually met her current husband, French dancer Benjamin Millepied, on set of the film, which he choreographed and performed in.
“Partners in crime” engaged in December 2010 and officially tied the knot two years later on August 4, 2012 at a private home in Big Sur, California.
7. Natalie Portman is a mother of two incredible kids – Amalia and Aleph Millepied. Aleph is an eight years old kid, his sister Amalia is just two years old. Natalie and her husband prefer her kids not to be seen on public, but some time ago the family was caught on camera having fun at Disneyland.
8. Natalie’s an techinacally acknowledged genius with an enormous IQ of 140. Her 2 researches both placed in scientific journals prove that.
9. Portman attended Harvard University from 1999 to 2003 for a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, while she continued to act in the Star Wars prequel trilogy. Potentially, this is the reason every of her role gets in our heads.
10. She’s brilliant with languages too. Being a polyglot, Natalie has an ability to speak six languages fluently, including English, French, German, Hebrew and… Japanese. Yes, this is true. This woman can do anything perfectly.
11. This pretty woman doesn’t have any television throughout her house. Yes, you heard us right. No matter she decided the things to be like that, Natalie is in love with her favourites “Broad City” and “Transparent”. We all have guilty pleasures and Natalie is not an exception. We just only want a short cameo of her in these fantastic show. Natalie, can you hear us?
12. The last piece of meat Natalie ate was a long time ago. She was only eight years old when she decided not to hurt animals and became a vegetarian. After she read Jonathan Franzen’s book “Eating Animals” in 2009, she became a convinced vegan. The only time she came back to vegetarian life happened when she was pregnant and gave birth to her firstborn, Aleph. We are sure it’s really tough to give up on cheese.
13. Her best of the best are tofu and black beans. How do you feel now about your guilty pleasures?
14. Natalie Portman wasn’t Natalie Portman all the time. Her birth name, which is Neta-Lee Hershlag, show us her Israeli roots. She changed her name soon after taking part in “The Professional” to be able to give her family privacy. We respect this move.
15. Dirty Dancing (1987) is one of her all-time outstanding and favorite movies. She was incredibly influenced by the Swayze’s performance, according to her own words. We totally agree with her choice.
16. She always acting firmly and puts her food down in terms of boundaries and nudity. Natalie turned down a script for the movie “Anywhere but Here”, because of that fact. Later on, Susan Sarandon insisted about having Natalie in the film, otherwise she refused to work. So, they revised the script and both had a chance to play together.
17. Have you ever seen “V for Vendetta”? If you did, you actually remember Natalie’s bald head in this film. No, this wasn’t a bald cap or anything like that. Portman actually did a head shave. Let’s be true: not so many women can pull off the bald look, but Natalie brilliantly coped with the task. If you have a spectacular face like that, hair is the last think you’ll look at.
18. Rumours have said that before taking on the female version of Thor, Portman didn’t enjoy her part as a member of the Marvel Universe and intended to quit the project. Because of that, a large amount of the original Thor fans were freaked out Portman is taking on the role. We can only say “bye-bye” to haters, because the feminist kept on the project!
19. When the subject is of gender equality we always keep in mind Natalie’s own production called Handsomecharlie Films as an action directed towards diversity in the industry. Fostering female creative energy, both starring women and created by women – it’s all about Handsomecharlie.
20. “I support them in doing whatever they love.” – she told Bustle (Bustle is an online American women’s magazine founded in August 2013 by Bryan Goldberg), speaking about her kids to the magazine. While many mothers throughout the world are trying to save their kids from following their footsteps, Natalie feels absolutely okay about that one day her kids would be anyone they want to be. That’s a real mother.
21. When we say “well deserved” we do mean a person who achieved his goals by his own diligence and persistence. Natalie Portman is a perfect example with a net worth of approximately $60 million dollars. Well deserved? It truly is.
Natalie has been a key figure to the acting world for many years, and we’re extremely happy to pay her tribute she absolutely deserves.